Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why I Chose Kindermusik

My four kids and I last week picking cherries-

Why I Chose Kindermusik
I was blessed with 4 kids in under 5 years, and it was fantastic!  Well, at least the parts I choose to remember are fantastic.  Now that they are older, it actually is wonderful almost always.  When my oldest, Solomon, was 5 1/2 and my twin girls turned 3 1/2 and entered preschool I actually had time alone with the baby!  With three older, demanding kids, this perfect little girl deserved my one on one attention-  Unfortunately I knew if it was just the baby and I at home, I did not have the discipline to sit around and shake a rattle with Baby Beatrice.  If we were home alone, I'd do dishes, laundry, email, phone calls, and generally run around tidying up when I had so much "alone time."  I decided I needed to do a somewhat structured, one hour class with my last baby.  I could commit to that!


Fishy Beatrice on her first Halloween


Enter Miss Lindsay and Kindermusik
My sister had taken her young son, Griffin, to Kindermusik with Miss Lindsay the semester before, and highly recommended it.  It was offered locally for a great price, so we were in!


From the beginning, I LOVED Kindermusik class each week.  What was better than interacting with my daughter one-on-one in a open, yet structured musical environment?  I could sit and stare at that child forever.  Watching her have the time of her life while enriching her little brain, all the while learning why these activities were good for her development? Perfect.


Plus, I was a little enthusiastic.  I'm missing the "self-conciousness" gene that serves most so well- I sang each song loudly, was the most bouncy bunny, tail wagging doggy, or whatever else we were acting out, and made sure to apologize to the other parents as they had to watch me jiggle across the room...


Coming soon:  Why I teach kindermusik

No comments: