Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Congratulations to Miss Aubrey!

 Miss Aubrey and sheep/shepherdess Beatrice

Miss Aubrey, who teaches Kindermusik in Orinda and Danville, is loved by all who know her.  As you know she has the voice of an angel (Ariel!), and is educated in all things musical, attaining her Bachelor of Fine Arts in vocal performance from Carnegie Mellon University.  Her Kindermusik students love her gentle and loving manner, and ability to convey musical principles in a fun way to each adult and child in her class.  Aubrey loves kids and ALL bread items, gets along with everyone, and is a joy to be around. 

Which is why I forced her to marry my brother.

Ok, it didn't work exactly like that.  Both Aubrey and my brother Phil grew up in the same town but went to different high schools.  They knew each other through church, but she thought Phil was too silly/crazy (he is, he's hilarious, smart, cute, and the best uncle ever).  Phil didn't like that Aubrey always had a boyfriend, so he didn't have a chance.

While Phil was on his LDS Mission in Mexico, I was lucky to have Aubrey work as my nanny the summer my last child, Beatrice was born.  I spent the whole summer trying to convince her to marry my brother because even though I already have five sisters (and two brothers), I wanted her!  And I wanted to be related to her family.  Plus, I could tell she was good enough for my brother.  Or he was good enough for her?  Both.

When Phil got back from his mission, I started in on him on marrying Aubrey.  Both Aubrey and Phil continued to shrug off my matchmaking.  But guess what?  Two years later they were married.

Me, posing as Yenta at their wedding.  Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match!
My three girls as some of Aubrey's flower girls.


And now, two years later, they are pregnant!  They told the families last week and it was total pandemonium from all the screaming joy. Read all about how they told our families on Miss Aubrey's blog here:

http://thisskywherewelive.blogspot.com/

I'm going to be an auntie again!  I cannot WAIT to have that baby in my Village class. I offer unlimited free babysitting also to their child, but so do the other approximately 30 family members of hers that live in this town.  Do you think coming directly from the hospital from birth to my Kindermusik class would be too much?  We like to start educating the whole child early for maximum Kindermusik benefits!

3 comments:

aubrey said...

Yay! I love this blog. Thank you for matchmaking us. Sisters know best. We need a "Kindermusik in the Womb" class!

Ellie said...

Sylive and Otto went to Kindermusik in the womb. They are baby geniuses now.

Unknown said...

Oh, yes! And I keep running into Kindermusik grads who are fantastic pianists, violinists, dancers, and singers! It's pretty exciting :-)